Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Ozil’s Real Madrid team-mates unhappy after club sells him to Arsenal



As Arsenal fans continue to celebrate their record signing of Mesut Ozil, his former Real Madrid team-mates are not happy that the club decided to sell him.

Defender and vice-captain Sergio Ramos, said: “I am very unhappy after the exit of Ozil. For me, he was a friend and a companion. Mesut is a special footballer who generates and plays the beautiful side of the game.

“If it was up to me then he would never have left. But it was the choice of the club. But I am totally convinced he will be a star at Arsenal.


“He is the king of the assist. I know Santi Cazorla well and together they will be an enormous spectacle. But I will miss him.”

Former Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa said: “I am a bit surprised, it’s a shame and a big loss in the dressing room, for the human and footballing aspects.

“He said goodbye last weekend, but I thought it was a practical joke. He is different, there is nobody like him in the world. He makes the difference.

“The club have their reasons. But we look forward, we have great players. For the fans it will be hard, they were close to him. He is a phenomenon, everyone took to him very well. It is a transfer that is very hard.”

Madrid accepted the Gunners’ £42m offer for the German, after they finally landed Gareth Bale for £86m.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

if you don't have any ID please select "anonymous"

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home