Saturday, August 03, 2013

How a 101 Year Old Marathon Runner Discovered The Secret Behind Limitless Energy!!!

How a 101 Year Old Marathon Runner Discovered The Secret Behind Limitless Energy!!!

It was brisk September morning and after months of training, I finally felt ready to run my very first marathon. As I was walking towards the start line I felt a rush of nervous energy and anticipation because I knew I was about to take on the toughest physical challenge of my life.
After weaving my way through the crowd to get close to the start line, I found myself a nice little spot where I could do some stretches and warm up my legs a little.
As I was stretching I glanced over my left shoulder and saw a man arching his back and pointing his chest towards the sky. He was a lot shorter than me and a bit more weathered but we struck up a conversation and amazingly after a few minutes of chatting I found out that I was actually talking to the oldest marathon runner on the planet.
I remember our conversation like it was yesterday.
He was soft spoken and he was brimming with energy. He told me that he just turned 101 years old and that this would be his 10th marathon.
I was in awe.
I was 45 years old and I had just met someone more than double my age who was about to put his body through more pain and more stress than I could possibly imagine.
What was more incredible was that only 3 days prior he had set 5 new world records (for his age) in different running races ranging from the 400 yard dash to the 10,000 meters.
I was truly dumbstruck.
Here I was, a middle aged guy trying desperately to keep fit as a way to cope with stress (and my ever expanding waist line while) and this 101 year old guy was running marathonsand had energy to burn.
What’s your secret I asked him?
He looked at me puzzled.
While he slowly raised his hand over his head and bent to the side to stretch his hip, he told me that a long time ago he discovered that eating a certain combination of foods helped give him boundless energy.
I was sceptical.
But I looked again at this 101 year old man who was getting ready to do his 10 marathon, and my disbelief slowly faded.
What? Can you say that again? I asked him.
He told me that years ago he discovered that when he ate a combination of
broccoli, green tea extract and spirulina his energy levels dramatically increased.
He didn’t know why, or how, he just knew that he felt great and that now he never went a day without eating this magic combination of superfoods.
I can still remember his face and how his eyes lit up when he was telling me this.
After a few more stretches and general chit chat we both took off our tracksuits and started the race. My new found 101 year old friend finished the marathon in a respectable 5.5 hours and I hobbled across the line in just over 6.
After the race and the adrenalin died down I found myself thinking about the conversation I had with this guy at the start line.
How could it be possible that a simple combination of foods could give a
101 year old guy enough energy to run a marathon?
I needed more answers so it was time to do some research.
After ploughing through hundreds of websites, research papers and medial journals I found a scientific study that backed up this guy’s extraordinary finding.
A research team in New Zealand found that when you combine these 3 magic ingredients something incredible happens.
The researchers found that when specific quantities of these foods are combined… the enzymes in your digestive track start to absorb more of the nutrients from the food you already eat.
Amazing.
And so simple as well.
It’s so obvious that if your body can absorb more of your nutrients from the food you already eat….. of course you will have lots more energy.
So then began my search to try and find if any places actually made a drink, or a powder or anything that had this magic combination of ingredients.
I wanted a powder or a ready made drink as I couldn’t see myself blending these foods together every day.
After some more surfing the web I came across a company called Athletic Greens.
I dug into who Athletic Greens were, what they stood for, and whether or not their product worked.
I found that Athletic Greens uses over 75 vegetables and had been specially formulated with broccoli, green tea extract and spirulina in order to maximise nutrient absorption.
The founder is also from New Zealand (and used to train celebrities) so I guess he has seen this research.
I had to try it.
I didn’t care about the cost so I happily paid the $77…. because if this product worked…it would be an absolute bargain.
After a few days of anxiously waiting by the mailbox for my Athletic Greens, it finally arrived.
I opened it immediately and put one tea spoon of the powder into a cup of water, stirred it round and drank it down.
It tasted sweet and and refreshing – not at all what I was expecting.
After finishing the glass I was expecting miracles straight away.
But nothing happened…. So I waited.
And then waited some more.
I drank one glass of Athletic Greens each morning for 5 days and I didn’t notice any changes.
But then on day 6…I noticed a shift.
Somehow I no longer felt tired. My joints felt better and I felt like I could run through walls.I had not felt like this in years.
I felt I had my youth back and that I could conquer the world.
I sat down for a minute and gathered my thoughts. I remembered the day when I first met that 101 year old marathon runner and what he said to me about this magic combination of superfoods.
And after only 6 days of taking Athletic Greens, I believed every word he told me.
Now, it’s been over 6 months since I first started drinking Athletic Greens– and I still feel great and my energy levels remain sky high.
Not surprisingly Athletic Greens has been getting a lot of press lately because best selling fitness authors like Tim Ferriss and world champion athletes are constantly promoting and using this amazing product.
Anyway I am really glad you have read this far, because I know at the moment Athletic Greens has a marketing special on and for the next 2 weeks you can try Athletic Greens for 21 days. For free.
This means you DON’T have to pay the regular $77 price tag (which everyone still else still has to pay) and all you have to do is pay a small shipping and handling fee.
If you’re anything like me, you ‘re probably really sceptical about any product that promises the world.
But the great thing with this free trial is that you can discover for yourself whether Athletic Greens is the real deal. I assure you it is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

if you don't have any ID please select "anonymous"

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home